What is Kangaroo Math Competition?
Kangaroo Math Competition (KMC) is an annual international math competition for primary and secondary school students. The KMC is the largest math competition in the world with more than 6 million participants annually, from 75 countries. The contest originated from France and is administered globally by Association Kangourou sans Frontieres (AKSF). Each local contest is organized locally by a national organizer. KMC has been organized in Malaysia since 2013, by Kangaroo Math Malaysia.
This year competition will be held on 21 March 2019. Mark your date!
KMC Second Round (KMC2)
The Gold Medallists for KMC for all categories will be invited to participate in the KMC Second Round Contest (KMC2). KMC2 will be held at several centers.
The contest will be held over a period of 2.5 hours. The paper is a mixture of MCQ and subjective problems.
Stay tune for more details!
KMC National Workshop and Finals
The top performers from the KMC Second Round will be invited to participate in the KMC National Workshop and Finals, to be held over two days at a centralized location (to be announced). The participants will follow several lectures and workshops on high-level mathematical problem solving, which culminates in a final contest. The final contest paper involves 5 subjective problems, to be solved in 3 hours.
The KMC2 and the KMC National Workshop and Finals are optional, invitation-only programs. Students will receive national level co-curricular marks for participating in them.
- To support the effort of internationalization of Malaysia education system as
outlined in “Pelan Pembangunan Pendidikan Malaysia 2013-2025”.
- To popularize mathematical enrichment activities among students and teachers in Malaysia.
- To allow Malaysian school students to achieve certifcation and recognition from an internationally prominent educational body. Students are then able to include the KMC certifcate in their school portfolio and obtain co curriculum marks according to their performance.
- To expose students to interesting math problem which are designed by internationally renowned math educators.
- To allow students to apply their knowledge in Mathematics that they have learned in school.
- To develop Higher Order Thinking Skills in mathematics among students in Malaysia in line with the revised KSSR & KSSM curriculum.
Any pre-university student studying in Malaysia is eligible to take part in the Kangaroo Math Competition. This includes students in government schools, private schools, matriculation colleges, private colleges, international schools, and home-schooled students.
Each school can send as many students as desired.
Promote the Kangaroo Math Competition
- You may help promote the KMC to Malaysian students and teachers by sharing the links to our website http://kangaroomath.com.my
- Help us to promote the KMC by distributing the Official KMC 2019 Information Pack (7.67MB, PDF format).
- You can also reprint the poster here (430KB, JPEG format) and place it anywhere you like