Kangaroo Math Competition (KMC) is an annual international math competition for primary and secondary school students. The KMC is the largest math competition in the world with more than 6 million participants annually, from 69 countries. The contest originated from France and is administered globally by Association Kangourou sans Frontieres (AKSF). Each local contest is organized locally by a national organizer. KMC has been organized in Malaysia since 2013, by Kangaroo Math Malaysia.
The advantages of KMC are:
- KMC is a unique competition, and it is different from the other math competition such as math Olympiads.
- KMC syllabus is less advanced that other Olympiad competitions and students can compete without any special training.
- KMC syllabus is mainly common with the Malaysian school syllabus. This is different from other competitions which tests knowledge beyond the school syllabus.
- KMC is catered to all school students from Year 1 to Form 6 by having six different categories with differing levels of difficulty.
If any interested student or parent want to register, but the school is not taking part in KMC, we strongly recommend these two course of actions:
(1) to talk to the people responsible at the school to convince them to participate in KMC. This is so that other students from the school also get the opportunity to participate, and the contest can be held at the school (hence, no travel needed).
(2) to talk a teacher in charge at another school which participates in KMC, and request a registration as outside candidate (“calon tumpang”) under the school registration. The participant then can sit for KMC at this school venue along with their own participants.
However, if such arrangements are not possible despite your best efforts, we do accept a limited number of individual participation. To enquire, you may contact us by email or whatsapp at 012-9300563.
Please note that we only allow individual contestant to take part at a specific venue in KL (Kulliyah of ICT, International Islamic University Gombak Campus) at a specific time (3.00pm) during the Contest Day. No other venue/time is allowed for individual participants. Individual participants are responsible for their own transportation arrangement.
We accept payment for the registration fees by credit or debit card, cheque, bank-in or local order (LO). Go here to read more on payment methods.
You can download previous question papers (2013 only) from our website (www.kangaroomath.com.my/sample-questions) or you can purchase hardcopies from our online store. We also publish solution booklets to previous KMC papers.
The prizes will be awarded latest 3 months after the competition.