Introduction of Kangaroo Math
- Kangaroo Math Competition is an international school-level mathematics competition that is organized by Association Kangourou sans Frontières (AKSF), a transnational educational group based in Paris. Founded in the early 1980s, Kangaroo Math Competition is currently the world’s largest math competition with almost 6 million participants from 98 countries in 2023.
- Since 2013 until 2023, there were almost 400,000 participants who has been participate in this competition.
- Malaysia was inducted into AKSF in 2012 and is sanctioned by AKSF to organize Kangaroo in Malaysia since 2013. In Kangaroo 2023, there were more than 47,000 participants representing over 1,552 schools from all over Malaysia.
To popularize mathematical enrichment activities among students and teachers in Malaysia
Who Should Participate?
Kangaroo is catered to all school students from Year 1 to Form 6 with six different categories with differing levels of difficulty.
Benefits for students
- There is no online method for individual participants.
- Individual participants should register under their school or joined other school as surrogate candidates.
- Registration should be done by the appointed teacher-in-charge ONLY
- Register at contesthub.my/register
- Fill in teacher’s and school’s details
- Choose offline method
- Fill in student detail
- Complete payment
- Question packages will be sent to schools/centers
- On the competition day, the schools will conduct the contest at their own venues
- Schools are responsible in enforcing the regulations of the competition
- Schools will send the OMR answer sheets to the Secretariat
- The results will be announced and the prizes will awarded 4 months after the competition